A week and a day into February and I’m finally taking time to acknowledge February with goals. I’ve thought about them a few times over the last week, but outside of on my Notes app, I hadn’t taken time to write them down.
Like I mentioned this past Friday, I’m trying to pull back in a few areas because I’ve been a little overwhelmed by all that is going on around me. I’m realizing more and more, that while I like unexpected things, I function best and find most joy with an overall schedule, routine, and rest. Yesterday and today, I’ve tried to RESET and prepare for the last 3 weeks of this month, and already I’m feeling more like myself.
5 For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
7 On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah
The first month of 2015 was good, and since not all of these goals were completed, some will carry over to this month.
- establish and stick to a weekday morning routine beginning at 6am (I established a weekday routine of 6:15am, and achieved about 65% of the weekdays in January)
organize 2015 binder(up and running! I’m enjoying being able to plan and think through the months more)
- blog 2-3 times per week (working on a computer all day makes thinking/blogging at night less enjoyable)
try three new dinner recipes(tried this pork roast recipe – delish; a new pizza crust recipe – so, so; and a failed potato soup recipe) welcome/visit Baby Martin(love my little Olivia!)
- read one book (still working on this one)
- complete running and walking goals and lift weights 3x a week (nope, trying to catch up this month!)
For February, I’m trying to keep my goals simple and specific in order to continue my reset, feel well physically and mentally, and focus on what matters most.
- limit social media
- complete two decor projects
- celebrate Valentines Day and G’s birthday
- prepare for Miles for Mada
- continue waking up early on weekdays
- exercise every day for the last 3 weeks of February
- complete February reading plans
What do you have going on in February?